I am a sucker for a good stir fry. I love whipping one up with whatever veggies I have in the fridge! Get creative with the veggies you use, the possibilities are endless. I will say that I LOVE using broccoli and carrots in mine, those two are always my favorite veggies to add! the key is making sure you pound your chicken breast really thin so they cook quickly and aren’t too big of bites.
Easy 20-Minute Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2 breast)
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 5-6 spears of asperagus, woody stems trimmed, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- STIR FRY SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp tamari (aka GF Soy Sauce)- if you don't want to use soy sauce then just use 4 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breast. Place chicken on a cutting board and cover with parchment paper. Using a meat mallet (or skillet,) pound the chicken until nice and thin- about 1/4 inch thick. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat in 1 tbsp. Olive oil or sesame oil. Once hot, add cubed chicken (may have to do this in batches depending on skillet size.) Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken for about 5-8 minutes (tossing occasionally) until chicken is cooked through and golden brown on the outside. Set aside on a plate while we cook our veggies!
- Add another 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan over medium heat. Add in all your vegetables (broccoli, carrots, asparagus, and red pepper) and minced garlic. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Whisk sauce one more time. Add chicken and sauce to the skillet of veggies and cook until sauce thickens- about 1 minute. Squeeze juice of 1 lime over the top of the stir fry. Plate and serve!
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with cauliflower rice or regular rice!