My obsession with bulletproof coffee is at a new level now that I’m a mom! I love the sustained energy it gives me that last much longer than regular coffee. It fills me up a bit with the healthy fats from the ghee and brain octane oil. Some people have bulletproof coffee as a meal but that’s a no for me, I need to eat a full meal for breakfast! My favorite time to enjoy a cup is after my morning workout to refuel with some caffeine and healthy fats. Bulletproof coffee can take a little getting used to the taste but after a few times of trying it, I was hooked!
These healthy fats aren’t going to make you gain weight because you will be using those fats (instead of sugar) as a source of energy. I love how it has a great taste without all that added sugar that some find they need when drinking coffee. I like to use 4th and Heart grass-fed vanilla ghee and Bulletproof brain octane oil. Brain octane oil is a brain-boosting fat, extracted from the most potent part of the coconut, and converted into ketone energy. Brain octane, also known as MCT oil, is liquid gold! It gives TONS of energy without the crash and on top of that ,it can help you body burn fat by speeding up your metabolism. I recommend only starting with 1 teaspoon but you could work your way up to 1-2 tablespoons. I honestly stick to just 1 teaspoon but some people can handle more! Read more about brain octane oil and the brand I love here.
I sometimes like to add 1/2 teaspoon of an adaptogen. I usually decide which one depending on how I’m feeling and what I think my body could use a little benefit from. My favorites are Maca which is packed with benefits but I especially love that it helps balance hormones! The other adaptogen I use a lot is Ashwagandha. It helps with anxiety, stress, and is known to boost fertility.
- 8-12 ounces of brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon ghee or grass-fed butter (I usually use 4th & Heart Madagascar Vanilla Ghee)
- 1 teaspoon (can build yourself up to 1-2 tablespoons) of MCT Oil OR 1 teaspoon of Coconut Butter
- 1/2 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon of adaptogen of choice
- Add brewed coffee to blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for about 30 seconds or once you notice it looking frothy! Enjoy!
- Note: I only use 1/2 scoop collagen now because I was finding it was making the bulletproof a little grainy/chalky tasting with a full scoop.