This 20 minute meal is something we usually make weekly. My husband, Caleb, is beyond obsessed and always ask for it. The secret to this recipe? MAYO! You add it at the very end and it gives it the creamiest touch. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 12 oz. link of kielbasa (I love Pederson Farms No sugar Kielbasa), sliced
- 1 package brown rice pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Primal Kitchen Mayonaise (or mayo of choice)
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard (check labels for whole30 approved!)
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1/3 red onion, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- handful of arugula or spinach
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package. While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Now add your bell pepper and red onion and cook for about 5 minutes or until the bell pepper is tender.
- Turn heat down to low and add your sliced kielbasa, juice of 1 lemon and the whole grain mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until kielbasa is heated through.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and put back in the same pot with a drizzle of olive oil and turn heat to low.
- Add your cooked Kielbasa blend to the pot. Now add 2 tbsp. of mayo and handful of arugula. Stir well until arugula has wilted and mayo is warm. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and Enjoy!