I love a good stir-fry and was seriously craving one while on this January Whole30. This one is simple with green beans, mushrooms and ground turkey. Taste great on its own, but we like to add a side of cauliflower rice. Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments.
Ground Turkey & Green Bean Stir-Fry
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 cups french green beans, ends trimmed and halved
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 3-4 green onions, thinly sliced (white part)
- 1 inch fresh ginger- peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- In a large skillet or wok, heat olive and sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, scallion, and ginger. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add your ground turkey. Break apart with a spoon and occasionally toss until turkey is almost cooked through- about 8 minutes.
- While turkey is cooking, combine the rice vinegar, coconut aminos, arrowroot starch, and chili flakes in a small bowl. Whisk.
- Once ground turkey is almost cooked through (it's okay if it is still a little pink.) Add your green beans and mushrooms. Add your sauce to the skillet. Cover with lid and let cook for about 5-8 minutes while sauce thickens and veggies become tender. Toss.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Great for kids- omit chili flakes or add them at the end.
- We love serving ours with cauliflower rice!
- For the ginger, I keep mine in the freezer and chop off when needed, so it lasts longer!